The DisCon III chairs and committee have committed in the Accessibility Policy to creating a fully accessible Worldcon. Putting the policy into action is the responsibility of our experienced Accessibility Team, and they will be working across the convention and with our venues to create an inclusive and accessible event.
This page outlines the actions we are taking, and it will be updated regularly. We hope that it will answer many of your questions, but we will be happy to address any other questions or concerns you may have if you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- We will work with the Hotel team to help members get the room types they need. There will be a form with the available options, to be available around the same time that hotel reservations open.
- There will be custom maps for all areas, showing step-free routes, elevators and accessible restrooms.
- Any member wanting to rent a mobility device (e.g., scooter, wheelchair, rollator, etc.) can do so directly through a local vendor we have identified. Members will receive a 15% discount when ordering, and this discount will apply even for folks arriving in DC early or leaving DC late. For specifics on this offer, please log into the Membership Area.
- In addition to these rentals, convention programs and other events will include spaces for both mobility scooters and wheelchairs.
- The Pocket Program will be available in alternative formats.
- We intend to have ASL and live captions for some of the events at the convention. If you are interested in making sure that specific events are covered, please contact the accessibility team at email@example.com .
- The Omni Shoreham is an older property, with a number of levels, but we will work to address the challenges through route planning and elevator usage.
- There will be a Quiet Space at DisCon III.
You can learn about all of our other efforts to make the convention a welcoming and accepting environment for all on our page about inclusion at DisCon III.
If you have accessibility needs, questions about the venue or accessibility services, or have suggestions for ensuring accessibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure that you receive all up-to-date Accessibility Team announcements, please:
- Log into the Members Area
- Select My Membership and Ballots
- Select Review or Update Details
- Check the box for I would like information on accessibility services at DisCon III
- (important) Save your changes!