The DisCon III chairs and committee have committed in the Accessibility Policy to creating a fully accessible Worldcon. Putting the policy into action is the responsibility of our experienced Access Team, and they will be working across the convention and with our venues to create an inclusive and accessible event.
This page outlines the actions we are taking, and it will be updated regularly. We hope that it will answer many of your questions, but we will be happy to address any other questions or concerns you may have if you contact us at email@example.com .
- We will work with the Hotel team to help members get the room types they need. There will be a form with the available options, to be available around the same time that hotel reservations open.
- There will be custom maps for all areas, showing step-free routes, elevators and accessible restrooms.
- We will have mobility scooter rentals, and will likely contract with a vendor that also offers rental of other mobility equipment. We expect to have ordering information available in the spring of 2021. The rooms for program items and other events will include spaces for both mobility scooters and wheelchairs.
- The Pocket Program will be available in alternative formats.
- We intend to have ASL and live captions for some of the events at the convention. If you are interested in making sure that specific events are covered, please contact the access team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The Omni Shoreham is an older property, with a number of levels, but we will work to address the challenges through route planning and elevator usage.
- There will be a Quiet Room at DisCon III.
You can learn about all of our other efforts to make the convention a welcoming and accepting environment for all on our page about inclusion at DisCon III.
If you have access needs, questions about the venue or accessibility services, or have suggestions for ensuring access, please contact email@example.com.